Friday, February 22, 2013

Take Responsibility For Your Own Actions

By: Tyshaun Taylor

Some readers may get upset after this but, the truth can set you free. Don't blame others no matter what. Take control and understand that when dealing with people it takes 2 or more depending on the situation.

Be real with yourself. The first step to getting somewhere in life is to look in the mirror and realize who you are. Know that your flaws are YOURS. No one else's. Take the time to understand that you have to be responsible when life doesn't go your way.

Ex.
I'm pretty sure President Obama never looked a camera in the eye and blamed you for the economy and social status of this country. He takes his responsibility for the things he cannot accomplish.

Life is going to spit at you, kick you, life may even take a shot at you. You have to be ready. Blaming everyone else for something you should have prepared for is a big NO. If your partner decides to cheat, before you evaluate it dig deep into you. Not saying that the actions of others are always justifiable, but if you allow it you deserve it. You are allowed to make you own choice in life. Put his or her in their place. Let them feel the wrath of your hurt. Don't act out and jeopardize your lifestyle, just approach the situation and let them know that you are aware and that they have options. If you don't do such thing how will they ever know that you are hurt?

This is exactly what I consider acting responsibly.

In life people are going to blame you, slander your name. They may even wait for you to turn your back so that they can stab you in it.

I have been a victim of back stabbing. It's a painful metaphor when you experience it. I had a family member that I did everything with. We washed our cars together, we chased the same girls. Some days we would even dressed a like. I never in a million years thought that this friend would be my downfall in life. For his own selfish reasons tried to connect with an ex that still had feelings for me. Knowing that I moved on in life he still chose to give her my personal information and allow her to stalk my every move in return for hopes of maybe an encounter. Not really sure of his motive. It took me a year to put the pieces together. So blinded by my love for this cousin, I couldn't see that he was the mastermind behind my once damaged relationship.

Long story short I figured it out and when I did it didn't matter. I gained more than he did. He lost his family and mines grew ten fold. I allowed my past to not to effect my future and most important I acted responsibly. It was partially my fault that I allowed something like this to go on in my life. Not being able to understand why, it was just time for me to make a one way departure from this life long friendship. My action was a powerful one. I confronted and left it in the rear view.

I'm not sure what your story is like, you at even have a similar one, but know this one thing. Don't allow people to get you out of character. You made the risk to connect and no matter what you have to act responsibly when something arises in that friendship, relationship or even dealing with a co worker. You decisions can effect you if you don't realize that the cause is partially your fault.

"If you allow it, swallow it"
- Tyshaun Taylor-

No comments:

Post a Comment